Register below or see Events Calendar for upcoming Slams …
Our mission is to walk with our Jacksonville youth on a journey of self-discovery through written and performing arts with a focus on strengthening their self-esteem and nurturing their true potential to become an effective means of positive change.
When: Saturday, January 19, 2019 (Doors open at 1:30pm, Begins 2pm-5pm)
Where: Jacksonville Main Library (Auditorium) 303 N. Laura Street Jacksonville, FL 32202
Download Registration Flyer YPL-BOOKLET-JAX_FINAL OR Submit Online Registration below
- Applicants must be current residents of Jacksonville, and between the ages of 14-18 years old.
- Application Deadline: 12/30/2018 (Extended)
- Submit 5 original poems/raps/performances (and/or YouTube Links to your poems).
- Performance video link (e.g. YouTube) must be included on the submission form.
- Submit at least one poem that speaks to the theme of “What’s happening” in Jacksonville/
”The Duval Experience”.
- Include a RESUME that has your name, address, phone # and email, AS WELL AS detailing all of your accomplishments, community service, after school programs, volunteer experiences and awards.
- Include Media Release Form http://jaxyouthpoetryslam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/JYPS-Updated-Media-Release-Form.pdf