The Youth Poet Laureate program engages and elevates the voices of teen writers while promoting civic engagement, social justice, youth leadership and a celebration of the local communities that our students thrive in. Through the Youth Poet Laureate program, we aim to create a platform for youth to become vital 21st century artists, but also to push the aesthetic to include their voices, their ideas, their beliefs and their values that are hugely under-represented in the arts. Click here to download registration form
- Applicants must be current residents of Jacksonville, and between the ages of 14-18 years old.
- Application Deadline: 2/25/2020
- Submit 5 original poems/raps/performances (and/or YouTube Links to your poems).
- Performance video link (e.g. YouTube) must be included on the submission form.
- Submit at least one poem that speaks to the theme of “What’s happening” in Jacksonville/
”The Duval Experience”.
- Include a RESUME that has your name, address, phone # and email, AS WELL AS detailing all of your accomplishments, community service, after school programs, volunteer experiences and awards.
For additional information, contact (904) 502-7444 or email@example.com